Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti Needs Our Help

I came home from a long day at work to find my girlfriend crying today.  She is a teacher and she had seen pictures of children who were killed in their classroom during the earthquake in Haiti.  It didn't take long before I saw our Governor General profoundly distraught as well.  Tears are contagious and so is action.

My government has sent ships, planes, helicopters, personnel, and millions in emergency aid.  I am quietly proud of Canada today.  Lets all show them who we really are.  Lets donate money.

I work hard for my money and I'm sure you do too.  We know the value of a dollar.  I'll work to see those people who survived the earthquake make it through this to rebuild.  The Canadian Government has announced that it will match each dollar raised for the victims of Haiti's tragic earthquake.  Thank you Prime Minister.

I assume that all charities will be aggregated to calculate the governments contribution.  Pick your favorite charity or go to World Vision Canada to donate please.

Thank You
Alexander Fernandes

No comments:

Post a Comment