Thursday, July 7, 2011

Doubt of the Benefit

I'm trying to get my head around this story from Sun Media today.

Conservatives send congrats to Chinese communists

I don't get it.  Why would our president go out of his way to send birthday wishes to the Communist Party of China?  Ironically the acronym for both parties is the CPC.  Funny.

Is this a result of the recent security breach of the Conservative website?  Is it just Chinese propaganda?  Is John Walsh looking to make a spectacular exit?

If he really did write this letter then I suggest his resignation letter is soon to follow.  It had better be.

I'm trying to imagine what benefit would come from sending the Communist Party a birthday note.  There is no political benefit.  There is a substantial cost in fact.  Was there some favor owed or solicited?  Maybe he really doesn't understand what the heck he is president of and thought he was doing a good thing.

Diplomats I can understand.  Being nicey nicey to their evil hosts can only make their jobs easier even if its all crap.

This makes no sense.  I'm going to need an explanation.  I'm still a loyal CPC supporter but I can't in good conscience participate in a party who's president honestly believes 90 years of totalitarian Communist control is something worth congratulating.

Did you send the letter Mr. Walsh?  Is this out of context somehow?  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because I greatly doubt the benefits of this move.

No comments:

Post a Comment